Covenants Design Guidelines

Do I need my neighbors' signatures for any changes I make to my home?
You must obtain the signatures of at least two adjoining property owners who will be most affected by the change.  Neighboring owners should be shown the complete application to be submitted, including all plans and drawings, at the time signature is requested.  However, if you are building a fence, you must obtain the signatures of all adjoining property owners who will share a property line with your fence.  It is your responsibility to obtain the correct / appropriate neighbor acknowledgments and / or provide proof of attempt. The Lot# is required.
Note:  Signature by your neighbors indicates an awareness of your proposed change and does not constitute approval or disapproval on their part.  Signatures must be from Homeowners and not Tenants.  If the Homeowner who is leasing their property cannot be contacted by the applicant, then Management will contact them at their email address on record. This may delay the approval process.  Your neighbors are encouraged to contact the Community’s Management Company to address any questions and / or concerns.
Where do I draw my proposed changes?

Draw your proposed changes on the plat. BTW, it can get confusing if you keep submitting a plat that you drew on when you got your fence in 2015, your patio in 2017, and now your covered deck. You should maintain a clean copy of your plat and submit with only the changes you are seeking.

Where can I find my plat?

You got your plat when you closed on your home, which is a requirement to closing. If you can't find it, you can contact https://www.loudoun.gov/5069/Plats for a copy of the plat.

Where can I get a copy of the design guidelines.

You got a copy of the design guidelines when you closed on your home, which is a requirement of closing.

Can I submit my application before choosing a color or style?

If you haven't decided which color or style you want, you are not ready to submit your application. Pick one and then submit.

How do I know if I need approval to make a change?

If it is on the outside of your house, you probably need approval to change it. Please don't wait until you are going through resale inspection to get items approved. That time is stressful enough for you.

Can I submit my application without filling in every space?

If you leave the lines on the application blank, the application is not complete.

What if there isn't enough room on my applicatoin for all the information I need to include?

There is plenty of room to write something like “20x20 deck. See attached for details.”

What can I do to get my application through the process?

When you submit your application and the property manager requests additional information, please submit the information rather than saying you've already submitted sufficient information or that you can't/won't submit the information. They are trying to help you get your application approved.

Do I need to attend Covenants Committee meetings for them to approve my application?

Attending the meeting helps move your application along because you can answer questions. Those submitting applications now can also attend the virtual meetings.

What is my front door color?

To find out the paint colors specific to your home, you must contact your home builder, the information for which should be in your closing documents. 

The colors of the front doors on the Seven Hills Townhomes are all from Sherwin Williams (SW) Black Fox - SW-7020; Naval SW-6244; and Roycroft Bronze Green SW-2846.

Where can I get a replacement for my outdoor lamp?

To find out the outdoor lamp specific to your home, you must contact your home builder, the information for which should be in your closing documents.

Westridge Outside lamp: The light is made by progress lighting. Model P6417-20. Amazon or Home Depot

Where can I find the covenants united standards?

On the Resident Portal, under My Account > My Documents > Documents > Legal > General. Good luck!

Homeowner Association (HOA) and Assessments

What is a community association?

A community association is a non-profit corporation with required and automatic membership for all owners in accordance with governing documents. A community association is managed by an elected Board of Directors to provide a communal basis for preserving, maintaining, and enhancing homes and property. Property owners pay assessments to operate the community association.

What is a management company, what do they do, and how do I reach them?

A management company is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide services such as: collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports. It is also a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors, as well, as serving in an advisory capacity. The management company reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. Contact information for the management company representatives are at the bottom of the page.

What are the Bylaws?

The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership’s voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the association as a business.

What is my assessment?

The assessment is the periodic amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years.

What services does my assessment provide?

Assessments are used for the operation and maintenance of the community association including common areas mowing, trash removal, snow removal, amenities (e.g., pool, tennis courts, gyms, playgrounds), social activities, etc

What happens if I don't pay my assessment?

The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. Assessments are due on the first day of the month. In accordance with the documents, the Association may assess late charges and interest on accounts not paid by the due date. Delinquent accounts may also be turned over to the attorney’s office for collection.

Are Board Meetings open to all residents? If so, when are they held?

Yes. All meetings are included on the Events Calendar, and residents will be notified of the time and place of the Board Meetings in advance.

How do I view my assessment/pay online/setup automatic payments?

Create an account (if you haven't already) on Ciranet and go to My Account. To access the resident portal login, use Resident Portal or through the Dulles Farms website, Resident Resources > Resident Portal Login.

Where am I supposed to find all these policies I'm supposed to follow?

On the Resident Portal, under My Account > My Documents > Documents > Policies.

Community Forum

What is the Community Forum

In an effort to increase communication with our residents the Board has instituted monthly Community Forums as a mechanism to understand opinions, ideas, concerns or priorities are on the minds of our residents. The community forum is not a formal business meeting and provides an open dialogue between the Board and residents within Dulles Farms.

Can I ask the Board for information about the community?

The purpose of the Community Forum is for residents to share opinions and concerns with the board. Residents seeking general information (like a status report on a project under Covenant’s review or the board’s position on an issue) can get a more immediate answer from the manager at manager@dullesfarms.com

When are the Community Forums?

Generally, Community Forums are scheduled once a month, though holidays and Board elections may disrupt a regular schedule. Please see the News and Events page, Facebook, and the weekly email blasts to find the next scheduled meeting.

Can I expect an immediate response to my topic?

Board members don’t act independently. All issues require discussion and sometimes a vote. Sometimes an immediate answer is possible, but it’s just as likely that you won’t get a response until after the meeting.

Are there any rules of engagement that I should know?

Plan your remarks to last no longer than five (5) minutes. Board members enjoy hearing from residents; however, there are typically many participants that want to engage in discussion, and the five-minute limit ensures that all residents have an opportunity to be heard.

What if my issue deserves more than five minutes?

The five (5) minute time limit doesn’t mean big issues can’t be presented. If your concern requires more time, please summarize it in five minutes, and the board will add it to the agenda for an upcoming board meeting.

New Resident

How do I sign up for a Resident Portal?

To sign up for resident portal, please visit www.gocampmgmt.com and click on the Resident Portal link at the bottom of the landing page or use the website menu option Resident Resources > Resident Portal Login. Once there you will need to enter your Customer ID, Check Digit, and Community ID. This information can be found on any of your account statements or can be obtained from the management office at dulfarms@ciramail.com.

Where do I get my coupon book?

Typically, there may be a two- to three-week delay between the period of time that you settle on your home and when Management receives your settlement sheet from the settlement company. Your name is then entered into the Dulles Farms database and payment coupons will be sent as well as a formal welcome letter that includes instructions as to how to enroll in direct debit, if you so choose. In December of each year, you will receive a coupon book and budget detailing the expected expenses and income for the year. If you have any problems receiving this material, please contact us at dulfarms@ciramail.com.

How do I obtain a trash can?

Patriot Disposal Services is the contractor who performs trash removal services for the Association; they
also provide one trash and one recycle toters to all homes at no cost. If you do not already have one of these receptacles upon move-in, please contact Patriot at 703-257-7100 (press option 2) or via email at customerservice@patriotdisposalservices.com and they will deliver you the appropriate receptacle. Patriot will not pick up trash or recycling that is not in the toters.

When is trash, recycling, or yard waste pick-up?

Regular trash is picked up weekly on Mondays and Thursdays. Recycling is picked up on Thursdays and yard waste on Mondays.

As a Dulles Farms home renter, do I need to submit any paperwork to the Association?

Yes! As per the Association’s leasing policy, you must provide a current copy of your lease, which must be no less than for a 6-month term. We will also need your current non-Dulles Farms address in order to be sure you are receiving all the Association's official correspondence. For further information regarding the Association’s Leasing Policy, please contact management at dulfarms@ciramail.com.

Selling Your Dulles Farms Home

How do I obtain a resale disclosure packet or questionnaire document?

Please go to the CAMP website, www.gocampmgmt.com, to request a Resale/Disclosure Packet or Questionnaire. Once on the CAMP website please follow the instructions below:

  1. Click the “Closing Portal’ link at the bottom of the CAMP landing page.
  2. If you already have a portal account, please log in.
  3. If you are a first-time user, please see the FAQ > New Resident > How do I sign up for a Resident Portal option.
  4. Once registered, you may log in to your account and order the documents needed for the specific property in question.
  5. If you require additional assistance, please call the Resale Hotline number at 855-877-2472 option 2 for the Closing Portal.
Do I need to stop my ACH payments in the Resident Portal if I'm selling my home?

Yes! Prior to your settlement date, you must disable this option in Resident Portal, otherwise your payments will still be automatically deducted and a request will need to be sent to the settlement company in order to receive a refund. This process can be lengthy, so you are encouraged to disable this option as soon as possible to avoid waiting for a refund.

Clubhouse Rentals, Modification Applications, and Reporting Issues

How do I submit an Architectural Modification Application

An application is required for any exterior modification to include fences, decks, patios, major landscaping, storm doors, color changes, etc. The application and guidelines can be found on the Resident Portal under "ACC" or can be obtained from the management office. Please contact us at dulfarms@ciramail.com for more information.

Can I rent one of the Clubhouses?

Both clubhouses located within the Dulles Farms Community have social rooms available to residents for rental. The cost to reserve the social room at either location is $500 for a full day rental from 9 AM – 11 PM. In addition, there is a $600 security deposit required, as well as proof of general liability insurance, which is further described in the Room Rental Agreement, found on the Resident Portal or by contacting us at dulfarms@ciramail.com .

How do I report a hazardous tree in the Tree Conservation area adjacent to my home?

Please refer to the Dulles Farms Tree Policy, which outlines the procedure for reporting any trees you feel are a hazard to your property. Please note that a certified mailing is required in order to report such concerns. Please include a picture(s) of the tree with your letter and mail to 25185 Chafee Circle, Aldie, VA 20105.

How do I report a traffic/parking violation on a VDOT road?

VDOT road violations are not regulated by the Association, but can be reported by contacting the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office Emergency Communications Center at 703-777-1021.

Who do I contact if I see something in the community in need of repair?

When needed repairs or maintenance to association property is discovered, it is important for residents to promptly alert management in order to minimize the interruption of its use and enjoyment.

If a situation requires immediate attention, call the management office directly. For after hour emergencies only, call 1-866-370-2989.

Dulles Farms Condominiums

I live in a Virginia Manor or Westridge Condos, who is my management team?

For all condo-specific issues or questions, contact your condominium management. For any community issues or questions, contact CAMP at dulfarms@ciramail.com .